Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Let Us Remember .....


Let us remember what we have done and accomplished in the years since September 11, 2001. It is unusal how united we became immediately after the incident. I can remember where I was at that moment that the first announcement of the first plane hitting the building. I was amazed that at that point in my life ( it was almost like a dream or a movie) I was actually a part of history. I never really sat back to reflect on what happened or how it changed my view on life or even my view on world events. In the moments that passed directly after the incident, I was overcome with the type of emotions that can not be described. Like most people, I lost my safety net .. ... which is called America. I mean we were invaded early in the A.M., but then again ... I began to think what was next. I was frightened by the mere thought of being under attack on our own soil. I, like most of the people in this country, had become cocky and arrogant. It made me re-evaluate my life and what was important to me as I waited to hear from family and friends in the area of New York and Washington DC. I can't remember one time in my life that I can say that I felt the same way about any events within my lifetime that hit so close to home. So let us remember those that have fallen in the battle since the days the World Trade Center and Pentagon was hit.
Young William
Leader and Philosopher




No comments: