Monday, August 27, 2007

Lessons for the future


We sometimes forget that just because our income level changes or our zip code becomes more elite that we are not subject to the same laws as anyone else in the States. It almost seems as if we are just as bad off when we start living the dream because then we become more scurtinized for the small things that we do. Don't get me wrong, breaking the law is no small endeavor. It is no laughing matter either. I do not condone anyone living lawlessly no matter what tax bracket that you are in. I do want to say that it does make me ponder why ... we would send the Feds to pick up and prosecute someone for what could be deemed as misconduct detrimental to society ... but we will not send the Feds into war raveged areas of our most crime infested inner cities. We say that we want justice and we want to clean up our streets but are we really trying to clean up our streets or are we just targeting big names to put cases on.
This goes back to my first point. Are we really any different just because our area code has changed. I would love to think that we would be judged differently with or without the fame... However if we are committing crimes against our own ... I have seen the punishment even less severe or Sever enough .. until we let these violent offendors out due to overcrowding or better yet ... I belive just so that they can bring their rehabilitated minds back to a society in which they have not been given the proper resources to become contributing members of society.
I will say that no matter what we do ... or how we live or have lived .... we will always be judged based on the things that we have done in the immediate. Especially in the world that is so media driven and with the extensive media outlets so close, we definitely need to concentrate on who we deal with and what we do outside of the closed doors of our homes. This case along with others in the media today have enlightened me to know that no matter what happens in our lives there will always be that one incident that can bring us back to the mirror .... and then only then do we realize that I am still viewed in a negative light only because of where I came from...
Young William
Leader and Philosopher
Remember we can rise as a unit, but we will fall as individuals

No comments: