Thursday, August 23, 2007

NAACP (New Association for Advancement of Certain People)

Reading headline after headline and watching as so many youth are becomming targets whether they have committed crimes or have been wrongfully accused of crimes just simply sometimes drives me to become angry. Now realizing that I have become angry, I wonder why am I angry when I see that in some places we simply have no voice and are subject to treatment that is not deserving of some animals. But then again even PETA... stands up and fights for them (all of them not just those in certain tax brackets) as we can see with the media coverage of certain events in which I do not want to speak about because there has been too much negative press already. It does however concern me that as I read the headlines and look at the leaders that I am supposed to so-called respect because they are instrumental in the "PRESERVATION" of 'civil liberties' in this country and were even more instrumental in aiding with the civil rights legislation and removal of the boudaries we faced for so long. Now having said that ... I am grateful that this occurred. Although this group fought for everyone at the time, now it seems as if they are only concerned with aiding when it looks good for their political agenda or it will gain national attention. I am all for the advancement of any man whether he be rich or poor black or white, asian or hispanic, Islamic or christian. I am a bit on the disgruntled side though ... and it is simply because We will fight for rehabilitation and not punishment for a Prominent individual, but not for fair and just treatment of those that are not so prominent. I am speaking of the individuals that can not afford the propper legal representation or even can not afford to speak out for fear they may lose the little that they have ... so they must endure until their voice can be heard. I would love to say that this process is not entirely true ... but in observing recent and past events .... it has become more evident that we are losing .... and believe me this is not just a black and white issue or even an issue involving any racial boundry at this point ..... or at least I will not make that this point of my editorial. If you are an organization that is for the ADVANCEMENT of the civil liberties of people ... then people should encompas all men, women, and children and not just those who have made it and are living millions of our dreams ... The dream was not to pick and choose which men and women walk amongst each other and be judged by character ... but all men and women.


Young William
Philosopher and Leader
Knowledge is Power and To Share Knowledge is to Empower ...

1 comment:

Distracted said...

I've been on the out with the NAACP for a while now, just like most of civl rights groups and leaders. Unfortunatley, civil rights is big business.