Monday, August 20, 2007

New Day Same Results


I was reading this mornings newspaper while listening to the morning sports radio show and I was surprised to see another headline for a Bama player arrested on the strip in T-Town. With only two weeks until opening kickoff, I was thinking that this could be another strike against the mighty Bama Nation. I only hope that it is not. Well actually, I know it isn't .... in my humble view, it is just another tale of jealosy .... or envy .... at least with the statement that I hear that the officer mad. I mean to make the statement "one of Sabans Boys" before you take him into custody. It makes me think .... we are in a new day of equality ... but we are not in a day where the old guard is not in control. I mean why would you not look into the situation to see that there was nothing going on but talking amongst friends. Well a little sh*t talking anyway. I can't tell you how many times when I was younger and did probably something similiar in comparison. What do you expect ... when friends or teammates get together .... lets look at it this way ....



  1. who did it hurt by having some words with friends

  2. How did he (the cop) know that it was a problem ... my bad he didn't

  3. What was said that was so bad that should prompt for the officer to arrest him.

  4. could it be that the officer was a caucasian and Simeon was an African American with a promissing future that will slingshot him into success on the field, far from the day to day work the officer does (could be the reason)

  5. or maybe he just doesn't like athletes ... or maybe even deeper (profiling )

Well whatever the reason is, I would love to hear the rationale behind the arrest .... and the statement ..... I am one never to play the race card (or at least in most cases). I am not a fanatic or a rebel rouser ... but I am one that does not like to sit back and watch as people are targetted fro whatever reason that it may be. Well then again as the old saying goes ... nothing good happens after midnight ... at least not if you are of color in T-Town ... on the strip.....


I do know that .....


just a thought from the mad fan.

No comments: